Academy Member Inducted 2020Map & Directions
Walter H. Bithell
199 N. Capitol Blvd.
Boise, ID 83702
- Practice Commenced1995
- # of MEDS (as of 7/6/23)300
- # of ARBS (as of 7/6/23)
Online / In-Person
- BOISE CITY
Walt Bithell is a trained mediator and is on the approved list of mediators for both the Idaho Supreme Court and the Idaho Federal Court. He has participated, as a client representative and an independent neutral, in hundreds of mediations.
Over a career that spans more than 45 years, Walt has represented clients and tried in cases involving business and commercial disputes, personal injuries, construction claims, agricultural and crop damage, product liability, professional negligence, and general litigation.
Before establishing Bithell Law PLLC, Walt was a Senior Partner and Lead Litigation Attorney with Holland & Hart. He also was an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Idaho, where he served as general counsel for the Idaho State Department of Insurance and the Idaho State Tax Commission.
- Banking & Finance
- Contract Disputes
- Eminent Domain
- Legal Malpractice
- Libel & Slander
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Fees
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
- Wrongful Death
- University of Idaho 1968 J.D.
- University of Idaho BA 1965
- Attended Pepperdine Institute 40 hour Mediation Training
Memberships & Affiliations
Walt is a past president of the Idaho State Bar, past president of the Idaho Trial Lawyers Association (ITLA), recipient of the Idaho State Bar Distinguished Lawyer Award, and is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers. In 2010, ITLA instituted an annual award called The Walter H. Bithell Professionalism Award that is awarded annually to a lawyer who epitomizes commitment to integrity, excellence, and professionalism.
Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers. Fellowship is extended only by invitation, after careful investigation, to those experienced trial lawyers who have mastered the art of advocacy and whose professional careers have been marked by the highest standards of ethical conduct, professionalism, civility, and collegiality.
- The Best Lawyers in America© (1995-2017)
- The Best Lawyers in America© Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, and Personal Injury Litigation-Plaintiffs (2017) (2016)
- Fellow, the Litigation Counsel of America, A Trial Lawyer Honorary Society
- Awarded the Idaho State Bar’s Distinguished Lawyers Award, 2013
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (Litigation)
- LawDragon, the Leading 500 Trial Lawyers in America
- Mountain States Super Lawyers®, Business Litigation (2007- 2017)
- Benchmark Litigation, Local Litigation Star, Commercial Litigation (2012-2016)
- Idaho State Bar Professionalism Award (2006)
- Idaho Trial Lawyers Association, Trial Lawyer of the Year (2006)
- University of Idaho Alumni Association, UI Gold and Silver Award (2001) –recognizes living alumni who have a distinguished record of achievement and service in his/her specialized area of endeavor
- Committee Member, American Inns of Court, Ninth Circuit Committee
- 2012 Litigation Counsel of America, Idaho State Delegate Co-Chair
- National Board of Trustees, American Inns of Court (2006 – 2010)
- President, American Inns of Court No. 130 (2005 – 2006)
- President, Idaho State Bar (1998)
- Idaho Supreme Court, Committee on Revisions to the Idaho Civil Jury Instructions (1995-2004)
- Currently Board of Directors, University of Idaho Foundation
- Currently sustaining Member, SCRIBES, The American Society of Writers on Legal Subjects
- Commissioner, Idaho State Bar (1996 – 1998)
- Board of governors, American Association for Justice (formerly American Trial Lawyers Association) (1993 – 1996)
- President, Idaho Trial Lawyers Association (1981-1982)
- Past Member, Idaho Law foundation Board of directors
- Member, Idaho Mediation Association
- Civil Case Mediator, Idaho Supreme Court
- Idaho Federal Court Mediation Panel
$350/hour depending on complexity
Travel time negotiated.
Minimum 4 hour day charge